[Ads-l] Teddy (undergarment), Teddy Bear (UNCLASSIFIED)

sclements at NEO.RR.COM sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Tue Jan 26 00:55:59 UTC 2016

Back in 2009, I found a "teddy bear" stuffed animal from 1905 as follows:
[Fred is the master on this one.  I just got lucky with a wonky search engine over at Newspaperarchive.

>From the _Post Standard_ Syracuse NY  20 Nov. 1905  9/2

>An advertisement for D. Mccarthy & Sons( Department store), specifically the section about their Toyland]

>[quote] "Teddy" bears holding little cubs in their arms like real mothers are the latest arrivals; be sure to see them; see
>all other things as they come along, but most are already here.[/quote]

Sam Clements