[Ads-l] “blooks,” short for “book-look.”

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 29 18:12:56 UTC 2016

"Blook" was given a different meaning in 2002, 'blog book' (i.e., a
book based on a blog).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blook

"Blook" saw some action a decade ago, as noted by Larry Horn at the time:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2006-December/065606.html

But it must not have caught on enough for Ms. Dubansky to be aware of
it. And no matter its expansion, it's not the prettiest of
portmanteaux.

Link to NYT article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/books/a-secret-in-every-tome-no-text-required.html