[Ads-l] Iowa notes

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 31 13:43:48 UTC 2016

I.

Since the capture of El Chapo in Mexico, Ted Cruz has taken to referring to
"the Washington cartel."  That's his term for the cynical, corrupt,
Obama-dazzled centrist and left-wing malefactors who've wrenched  this
country from the hands of the good, God-fearing people. He's accused Donald
Trump of being "paymaster of the Washington cartel."

The expected word here might be "cabal," but people would think he meant
cable TV.
So, good choice, Ted!

II.

The voiceover singer in a  Huckabee ad (or a fake Huckabee ad, or a
self-spoofing Huckabee ad - it's no longer possible to tell) croons that
"This circus, it's gone coo-coo-ca-choo."  I suppose that means "cuckoo,"
but Urban Dictionary gives teh back story.

JL