[Ads-l] "Bugger"

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Mon Jul 11 23:58:42 UTC 2016

The more-common Brit use of "bugger," as a generalised, if mild, exclamation
of irritation.

>From John Crace's political sketch column in the Guardian, channelling the
soon-to-be-no-longer PM, David Cameron:

        Back at No 10, David Cameron was on the phone to his therapist
        trying to deal with his self-destructive issues when he heard that
Theresa
        was going to be moving in a great deal earlier than anticipated.
“Bugger
         it,” he yelled. It just wasn’t fair.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/11/boris-johnson-michael-gove-andrea-leadsom-theresa-may-manic-monday

Is it just me, or does anyone else immediately think of Voltaire's Candide
when this topic comes up?

Robin Hamilton