[Ads-l] Follow-up: Quote: Elementary, My Dear Watson

Christopher Philippo toff at MAC.COM
Wed Jul 20 12:39:44 UTC 2016

"All of this is quite elementary, my dear 'Fellow of the Chemical Society.'"
Luis. "Letters to the Editor: The Natural Forces." English Mechanic and World of Science 58(1487). September 22, 1893. 108. https://books.google.com/books?id=X0ZCAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA108&dq=%22elementary+my+dear%22

That's already been noted, I see now:

Shapiro, Fred. "Getting it wrong—but better; You can quote them: Three famous sayings that were never really said." Yale Alumni Magazine. May/June 2016. https://yalealumnimagazine.com/articles/4295-getting-it-wrongbut-better