[Ads-l] Jibe/jive

Ann Burlingham ann at BURLINGHAMBOOKS.COM
Sat Jul 23 05:30:33 UTC 2016

when i hear the president use "jive" for "jibe", i figure language change
has happened and i should move on.

oh, wait - apparently he used *both*, as reported by CBS:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-donald-trumps-remarks-violence-immigration-dont-jibe-with-facts/

"I did not watch the convention -- I don't think that's a surprise," Mr.
Obama said, adding, "I did read some of what was said. The one thing that I
think is important to recognize is this idea that America is somehow on the
verge of collapse -- this vision of violence and chaos everywhere doesn't
really jibe with the experience of most people."
[image: Trump delivers grim speech to end Republican convention]
Play VIDEO
Trump delivers grim speech to end Republican convention
<http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/trump-delivers-grim-speech-to-end-republican-convention>

Mr. Obama added that, "Some of the fears expressed throughout the week just
don't jive with the facts."

--
Ann Burlingham
annb at panix.com