[Ads-l] Heard on re-run of Reno 911

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 28 20:24:45 UTC 2016

A. Shut up!

B. _I don't shut up, I grow up and, every time/when I look at you, I throw
up!_

Twelve hits.

I last heard this ca. 1943, in St. Louis. Google also has an extended
version that's new to me:

"... and your mama/papa comes around the corner and licks it up."

"Every time" was preferred to "when" in StL. IAC, it was very rare, to the
extent that I thought that the first person that I heard say it had coined
it. You can imagine my shock, when I heard the black Reno cop say it.

Youneverknow.
--
-Wilson
-----