[Ads-l] WOTY "pivot", v. [and n.] -- going viral

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 9 13:33:14 UTC 2016

The first time I recall encountering the political sense of "pivot"
was shortly before the premiere of the Sarah Palin docudrama _Game
Change_(2012).  I remember because CNN began using it frequently and
it featured prominently in the film: Palin was described as "pivoting"
or needing to "pivot."

JL