[Ads-l] _-ass_

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 10 01:54:54 UTC 2016

OED has "ice cream" in 1672, "iced cream" in 1688: surely close enough
to make it uncertain  which was the original.

I suspect it was "iced," but that's merely an opinion.

OED has an "iced cream" from as recently 1996, but my guess is that is
either a hypercorrection or a typographical error.

JL

JL