[Ads-l] _-ass_

Peter Reitan pjreitan at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 10 02:18:36 UTC 2016

I was recently surprised to see "silly-ass" in a Jerome Kern song lyric published in 1908, in the song, "Meet Her With a Taximeter" from the Charles Frohmann musical revue, Fluffy Ruffles.

"Take her in a Taxy that's the thing to do . . . . Till the chauffeur chap has some silly-ass mishap and a crowd gathers round!"
Sheet music published by T. B. Harms, 1908, viewable at:

http://digital.library.ucla.edu/apam/librarian?ITEMID=SY105865

Here's my blog post that mentions it:
http://esnpc.blogspot.com/2016/05/taximeter-taximeter-uber-alles-history.html