[Ads-l] Don't urinate on my leg...

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 11 12:08:39 UTC 2016

Back in 1976, in the great Western _The Outlaw Josey Wales_, I noted
the proverbial-sounding phrase, "Don't piss down my back and tell me
it's raining." In fact, it was described in the movie as an "old
saying."

On rare occasions since then I've encountered "...on my leg..." and
"...on my shoe..."

Today on CNN an anti-Trump Republican strategist admonished a Trump
apologist, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."

Which was the exact title of an outspoken social and judicial critique
by Judge Judy (1996).

Even more surprising to us old folks is  _Piss in My Face and Tell Me
It's Raining_ (2015), by Christian feminist Tina Perry.

Does anybody know if these phrases go back much  before 1976?  GB
gives little reason to think so.

JL