[Ads-l] Antedating of golf term "mulligan" to 1919--in cricket!!

sclements at NEO.RR.COM sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Sat Jun 18 00:10:25 UTC 2016

Using GenealogyBank, a full page article entitled "Why Our Baseball Is Better Than British Cricket."

_The Colorado Springs Gazette_ 19 April 1919, 12/3.

"If it is a bad ball, "off the wicket," he may take a "mulligan" at it and knock it over the fence, "out of bounds" they call it."

Now, I'm not at all a cricket person so, if I've misinterpreted this, please let me know.

Sam Clements