[Ads-l] Woty favourite?

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 28 00:30:34 UTC 2016

At our WOTY nominating session, we may decide on an ad-hoc category of
nominees to encompass the "Brexit" lexicon (Brexicon?). Then at the main
voting session, a winner will be chosen from that category, along with what
whatever other categories we've decided on.

As our illustrious executive secretary Allan Metcalf noted in his latest
Lingua Franca column, we're looking at overhauling the WOTY categories this
time around.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/linguafranca/2016/06/20/half-time-for-woty/