[Ads-l] Woty favourite?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jun 28 00:48:30 UTC 2016

> On Jun 27, 2016, at 7:29 PM, Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
> wrote:
>
> I refer of course to "Brexit".  Just came across a reference to the
>> Brexiteers and I'm sure other spinoffs abound.
>>

> Back in February for my WSJ column I wrote about "Brexit," "Brexiter,"
> "Brexiteer," "Bremain," "Bremainer," "Brexpert," etc.
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wsj.com_articles_britains-2Deu-2Dchoice-2Dbrexit-2Dor-2Dbremain-2D1456499551&d=CwIBaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=wFp3X4Mu39hB2bf13gtz0ZpW1TsSxPIWYiZRsMFFaLQ&m=lKJrPvwZv9SPduLc-Z9XKFTMlVH-RagMFCUhkOo-UK0&s=cph6_LULKwmKPayWczm1GL73eotsH7bOqH3xULLXP2s&e=
>
> In recent days many more spinoffs have been added, including "Regrexit,"
> "Bregret," "Bremorse," etc. Probably worth its own special category in the
> WOTY voting.

And after today's Supreme Court ruling overturning their anti-abortion law following the sad showing of their favorite son in the campaign for the Republican nomination, maybe the Lone Star State will choose to secede, performing a Texit.  In any case, we'll be on location in Austin to decide on those categories...

LH