[Ads-l] Appeal for 21st Century/1990s Song Lyrics

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 30 20:55:15 UTC 2016

Wu-tang Clan:

Title: C.R.E.A.M.

Words: Cash rules everything around me.

             Dollar bill, y'all. Dollar, dollar bill.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu>
wrote:

> I am currently working on the second edition of the Yale Book of
> Quotations.  I would welcome any suggestions of famous lyrics from popular
> music (hip hop, rock, pop, r&b, country, Broadway shows, etc.) of the 21st
> century or 1990s.  "Famous lyrics" can include not only longer passages but
> also short sayings or phrases that have "passed into the language" or
> become catchphrases or memes.
>

> Fred Shapiro

-Wilson
-----