[Ads-l] "Grey" in AmE

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Mar 4 21:08:31 UTC 2016

> On Mar 4, 2016, at 1:56 PM, Mark Mandel <thnidu at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> Part of a thread on a copyeditors' list I belong to:
>
> Original post:
> On Mar 4, 2016 12:10 PM
> Subject: "Grey" not dead yet

Influence from Christian Grey (as in "50 Shades of") and/or Meredith Grey (as in "____'s Anatomy"?  The TV medi-drama's title of course plays off the standard reference tome _Gray's Anatomy_, but Meredith and her fellow Greys (half-sister and mother) on the ABC show are far more widely known now than Henry Gray (1827-1861).

LH