[Ads-l] Query about "hobo"

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Mon Mar 14 18:54:15 UTC 2016

I've received a request from researcher Norm Cohen (no relation)
about the origin of "hobo," and I offered to share his request with
ads-l.  If anyone can help, please contact Norm directly and also
please share the information with the entire listserv.

His request appears beneath my signoff.

Gerald Cohen

[from N. Cohen]:
"In 1981, in my book on American railroad songs, "Long Steel Rail," I
reported what was then known about the origins of the word "hobo."  Is
anyone aware of any information that has since come to  light on the
subject?  Norm Cohen, ncohen at teleport.com."

Thanks,
Norm