[Ads-l] sexist "crazy"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 25 10:55:04 UTC 2016

A related development:

Ted Cruz has called Donald Trump "petty" and "small" for his brainless
attack on Mrs. Cruz.  He also said that Trump's nomination would be "a gift
wrapped in a pink little ribbon for the Democratic party."

In discussing these remarks, MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace (who used to work for
George W. Bush) asserted that there were "Lots of [gender-]coded words in
here: 'small,' 'petty,' 'pink.'"

Since the Democrat Trump would supposedly be the biggest "gift" to would be
Hillary Clinton, "pink" might be described as "coded" for gender, though
I'm not sure why that would be significant in this case.

What is more interesting, however, is how on earth "small" and "petty" are
"coded words" for anything, particularly when directed at Donald Trump.

JL