[Ads-l] Garbling, redux - and how I fixed it for me

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 27 04:11:13 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 9:54 PM, Benjamin Barrett <mail.barretts at gmail.com>
wrote:

> accented vowels: á, é, í, ó, ú, à, è, ì, ò, ù
> tildes: ñ, ã, ẽ, ĩ, õ, ũ, ỹ
> pinyin: ā, ē, ī, ō, ū, ǎ, ě, ǐ, ǒ, ǔ, ǚ
> hiragana: あいうえお
> kanji: 漢字
> Korean: 한글
> Sanskrit: आत्मन्
> Hebrew: כנען
> symbols: = + - $ # @
> schwa: ə

Working like a charm, BB! Hopefully, this means that we can now stop
buttocking - i.e. half-assing - it and use the *real* IPA, instead of our
makeshift work-around.

Many thanks to Dave for discovering the hack and to Benjamin for providing
the test!

Like Brownie, "you're doing a heck of a job!"
--
-Wilson
-----