[Ads-l] Heard: _you guys_ = "you women"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 27 12:19:12 UTC 2016

The continued belief in the "novelty" of the usage comes, I assume, from
the oft repeated insistence that "guy" must and can only refer to men and
boys.

So the "novelty" is seen as another SOTA rather than a victory for gender
equality.

If that's what it is. More likely it's of some linguistic interest but of
little social significance.

JL