[Ads-l] Another useful header option

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Mon Mar 28 14:23:16 UTC 2016

To find out what your options are currently set to, send a message to the list server, LISTSERV at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the message body "query ADS-L".

Joel
      From: Jesse Sheidlower <jester at PANIX.COM>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Monday, March 28, 2016 10:00 AM
 Subject: [ADS-L] Another useful header option

I should also mention that there's another potentially useful header option, SUBJECTHDR, which is the same as FULLHDR but also has the list name in the subject line. That is, instead of your subject being, say, 'sexist "crazy"', it will be '[ADS-L] sexist "crazy"'. You can use this for filtering purposes (though you could just as easily filter on other grounds), and also for just having a quick visual indication that the message is coming from the list.

Changing to this option would be the same as for anything else: you send a message to listserv at listserv.uga.edu with the message body reading "set ads-l SUBJECTHDR", or let me know and I can do it for you.

Jesse Sheidlower
ADS-L