[Ads-l] [Non-DoD Source] Re: antedating African Golf (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue May 10 20:11:01 UTC 2016

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Yikes.  That's two date errors since the weekend.  I am sorry for that.

When I found the 1915 cite, I didn't have access to newspapers.com, so I didn't get it from there.  It was from ProQuest Historical Newspapers, I think.

Newspaperarchive.com yields this:

_Galveston [TX] Tribune_ 13 May 1915 p 5 col 3
"And now some iconoclast suggests that an up-to-date title for the ancient and honorable game of "craps" would be "African golf.""

N'archive had what was ostensibly a 1914 cite, but was actually 1920.