[Ads-l] Quote About Wagner's Music

Sun Nov 20 19:27:43 UTC 2016

Barry Popik has a valuable entry on the topic here:

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/wagners_music_is_better_than_it_sounds

The newspapers.com database has some slightly earlier citations:

The "classical music" variant in "Bill Nye's Bureau" article here:

The Shippensburg Chronicle
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Thursday, September 1, 1887 - Page 4

The "Wagner's music" variant here:

The Indianapolis News
Indianapolis, Indiana
Friday, November 22, 1889 - Page 2

I will share more details when I have a chance. Alternatively, someone
may antedate these citations.

Garson