[Ads-l] _get some pecks_ "go home for dinner"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 23 01:32:50 UTC 2016

This was a popular expression in the post-war years in StL. Since my
friends and I were early adolescents and pre-adolescents, there was no
occasion for us to go anywhere to eat, after a couple of hours or so of
after-school play, other than home for dinner.

Green's:

peck n.
[SE peck, to eat (of a bird); the concepts of food and business are closely
allied here]
 1. [mid-16C+] (orig. UK Und.; later use US black/gang, also _pecks_) food,
often meat.

--
-Wilson
-----