[Ads-l] ancestor

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 27 00:37:25 UTC 2016

Here's a good one. Note academic context:

"Bynum, a Distinguished Professor Emeritus of History at Texas State
University, presents her history as a more objective examination in
contrast with the histories of Knight and Jones County perpetuated by
Newt’s ancestors. In 1935, Newt’s estranged son Tom sought to rehabilitate
his late father’s reputation by depicting Newt as a Robin Hood figure
championing the rights of common people against the exploitation of the
slave-owning planters...."

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/163183

JL