[Ads-l] New feminine name

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 11 19:51:07 UTC 2016

It's "John," as in John Elizabeth [Fitts] Aleman (b. ca1968),  Miami Beach
City Commissioner:

http://www.miamibeachfl.gov/elected/group6/

 "John’s mother is the original 'Girl named John.' Her mother was a special
education teacher who died unexpectedly when John was 14 years old.  John's
maternal grandfather, Dr. William Fitts, promised his World War II buddy
and fellow Army medic to name his second child in his memory.  John's
parents chose to continue this legacy and named their second child, also a
girl, the same way.  John is proud of her name as result of this tradition
and she and her husband continue the legacy."

We've seen female "Johnnies" before, but "John" is (for now) a novelty.

JL