[Ads-l] _hit in the face with the ugly stick_

Jim Parish jparish at SIUE.EDU
Tue Oct 18 21:05:12 UTC 2016

Wilson Gray wrote:
> Used by Daniel Tosh on a re-run of Tosh.0. This is a common phrase amongst
> the colored, but I've never head it said by a white person, before.

I remember - this must have been in the early '80s - planning a Dungeons
& Dragons campaign featuring a race of unattractive dwarves whose
preferred weapon was the "ugly stick", which did physical damage and
also decreased the Charisma of the victim. All of the players involved
were white, as I recall.

Jim Parish