[Ads-l] Heard: _for days_, an intensifier

Fri Oct 21 20:53:46 UTC 2016

"Green’s Dictionary of Slang" has a pertinent entry. Here is the free
information without dated citations.
https://greensdictofslang.com/entry/ezbwopq#fz4zi3i

[Begin excerpt]
for days! [the orig. implication was of having sex continually, for
day after day] [1950s+]

1. (gay) an excl. implying shock or amazement.

2. (orig. US black, also days!) a general intensifier implying an
extreme, for a very long time, absolutely truthfully.
[End excerpt]