[Ads-l] "crime" (v)?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Sep 2 13:01:18 UTC 2016

Donald Trump, in his major immigration speech Wednesday (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/31/heres-what-donald-trump-said-in-his-big-immigration-speech-annotated/):

"We will terminate the Obama administration's deadly, and it is deadly, non-enforcement policies that allow thousands of criminal aliens to freely roam our streets, walk around, do whatever they want to do, crime all over the place."

Stephen Colbert on The Late Show last night was sure Trump was using "crime" as a verb ("they crime all over the place, they crime over here, they crime over there,...").  I suppose it could be argued Trump was saying "[there is, as a result] crime all over the place", but that seems like a stretch.

LH