[Ads-l] OT: Re: "slave"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 2 18:14:16 UTC 2016

A final note, accurate I hope.

Though the burning of Washington was not a "battle," there had been one at
Bladensburg on Aug. 24. The Americans were defeated, and some 200 members
of the Corps of Colonial Marines took part in a British force of some
4,500.

According to Rear Admiral Cockburn's report, http://tinyurl.com/h5wqasl* :*

"one colonial marine [was] killed, ...and three...wounded."

JL