[Ads-l] Word: demonetize - block advertising revenue

Mon Sep 5 20:16:02 UTC 2016

The word "demonetize" has been assigned a new meaning in the world of
YouTube videos. If Google decides that a video is not "advertiser
friendly" then the video is "demonetized".  The creator of a video
that has been demonetized receives no additional advertising revenue
from Google for the designated video. Here is an instance (in the
subject line and body). Spelling errors are in the original text.

Date: 9/15/14
Subject: My videos are beeing systematically demonetized
Poster: 4 Clever Apes
Forum: productforums.google.com

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/monetization-on-youtube/2FWM5bnzWxc

[Begin excerpt]
Hello, I have huge problem. This was the problem in at least 10 other
threads just last week, so it´s pretty big issue not just for me, but
for many people, and as such, I think it should be of utmost
importance to repair this issue.

Problem: I upload my gameplay videos (devs and publishers have no
problem with it) and I monetize them. After one-two days they start to
demonetize just like that. It´s simply not monetized again, and I
can´t enable monetization on them again. When I try to monetize them
again, it says, this video can´t be monetized (which of corse is not
true, because developer has no problem with it, and there is no claim
on this content).
[End excerpt]

Garson