[Ads-l] RES: Truman quote

David Daniel dad at COARSECOURSES.COM
Wed Sep 7 22:01:03 UTC 2016

Thanks!

Poster:       ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Truman quote
---

Here's a unverified match:

Year: 1963
Periodical: Holiday
Volume 34
Quote Page 96
Database: Google Books Snippet; Data may be inaccurate

[Begin extracted text - double check for errors] In his talks about
government and politics, Truman does not bother to observe such inhibiting
niceties as a polite non-partisan decorum.
"They'll never make a kindly statesman out of me," he says. One day a
schoolboy at the Library asked him to describe the difference between the
Democrats and the Republicans. "Democrats work to help people who need
help," he said. "That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."
[End extracted text]

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:25 AM, David Daniel <dad at coarsecourses.com> wrote:
> Any of the quote sleuths out there know if this Truman quote is legit?
> "Democrats work to help people who need help. That other party, they
> work for people who don't need help. That's all there is to it." Thanks.
> DAD
>

> ---
> Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antiv=C3=ADrus.

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.