[Ads-l] The pronunciation of the surname, _Spann_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 9 05:07:34 UTC 2016

John Spann, a childhood friend back in Saint Louis, pronounced "Spann" with
the same vowel as "John," so that his name sounded like, roughly, "Jawn
Spawn." However, since then, away from StL, "Spann" falling together with
"span" is the only pronunciation that I've heard.

I'm just wondering what other people's opinions/expereience, if any, may be.

--Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain