[Ads-l] Language ID question

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 11 06:42:05 UTC 2016

Can anyone identify the language and meaning of this word written in Arabic
script, or if it's real at all?

A couple of days ago I saw someone wearing a very impressive T-shirt; here's
my photo of it
<http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/thnidu/5405934/132685/132685_original.jpg>.
I posted it on my blog <http://thnidu.dreamwidth.org/1539901.html>, with
this alt-text description:

HAMTRAMCK is for lovers. Arabic on top, Polish on bottom, Mickey and Minnie
Mouse holding hands in the middle, and eight assorted national flags along
the sides

My blog <http://thnidu.dreamwidth.org/1539901.html> post, slightly edited:

As I'd sort of guessed from the shirt, and as the guy wearing it explained,
Hamtramck, a section of Detroit, is a mixed, multi-ethnic neighborhood
"with a kind of West Philly vibe". Тhe Polish on the bottom means "is for
lovers"; but according to a Palestinian I know, the Arabic characters on
the top don't mean anything in Arabic or any of the other languages that
he's familiar with that use that script, and they don't spell out anything
like "hamtramk".

Any help would be appreciated, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Mark Mandel
. <http://X-Clacks-Overhead.dw/GNU-Terry_Pratchett>  .
<http://www.gnuterrypratchett.com/>