[Ads-l] YOLO in OED update for Sept 2016 - evidence in 1993

Peter Reitan pjreitan at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 13 00:14:25 UTC 2016

The Journal News (White Plains, New York), November 17, 1985, page 98 (newspapers.com)
During the 26-mile run, Rubenstein [(Ramapo Democrat Sanford Rubenstein)] sported a knee brace and a red shirt with the white letters "YOLO", for You Only Live Once.  Rubenstein was pleased with his performance, but admitted that he have to do better than 13,468th place if he expects to win another four-year term next November.

Florida Today (Cocoa, Florida), June 30, 1968, page 42. (Newspapers.com)

Naming the vessels, plain or fancy, is a chore that delights some owners.  One fad is acronyms, initials of a phrase that spell a word of sorts.  The Pitoa translates "Patience is the Only Answer."  Tica is not named for an Aztec chieftain: It means, "This I Can't Afford."  Yolo is short for "You Only Live Once."

Both citations appear to match the date printed on the page (or preceding and following page, in the case of the second example).