[Ads-l] Heard on TV: "cold as a turkey"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Sep 17 17:08:03 UTC 2016

> On Sep 17, 2016, at 12:50 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> A, the caller, A, is chatting with B, the color-man.
>
> A: They haven't been looking good at all, in their last few games.
> B. Right. They've been _as cold as a turkey_.
> A. I didn't know that turkeys were cold!
> B. Well, they are, in the wintertime.
>

> Somewhere in the back of B's thinking cap must have been turkey-lurking,
> "kick cold-turkey."

Hah!  Yes, turkey-lurking indeed.  Of course, it's been scientifically proven that the only two things cooler than a turkey in the summertime are cucumbers and the other side of the pillow.  Of course there are also rumors about the depressed temperatures of certain body parts, but decency forbids further investigation.