[Ads-l] What up doe

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Mon Sep 19 14:10:30 UTC 2016

Do your research before you ask the 'august list'

Turns out there's a certain amount of (ahem) scholarship on the subject:

http://allhiphop.com/2012/05/15/from-local-to-universal-what-up-doe-the-origin-of-a-classic-catchphrase/

>From Local to Universal: “What Up Doe?”, The Origin of a ...
allhiphop.com
A twist on the common “What’s Up?”, “What Up Doe?” became popular in the mid-’80s. Detroit transplant, Jae Barber, manager of rapper elZhi and ...

 Geoffrey S. Nathan
 WSU Information Privacy Officer
 Professor, Linguistics Program
 http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
 +1 (313) 577-1259

 Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email  looks.