[Ads-l] In Atlantic.com

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 19 15:15:08 UTC 2016

And see the Eggcorn Database for "straightjacket," "straight-laced," and
"Straight(s) of X" ("straight and narrow" is mentioned in the comments):

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/english/319/straight/

As I discovered when I wrote about eggcorns for Oxford University Press
back in 2007, "straight-laced" beats out "strait-laced" by a 2-to-1 margin
in the Oxford English Corpus.

http://blog.oup.com/2007/07/eggcorn/