[Ads-l] "Rearranging Their Prejudices" Quote

Tim Stewart timoteostewart1977 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 20 16:08:53 UTC 2016

Here's an antedating to September 1918.

Title: Biblical World
Issue: September 1918
volume 52 (LII)
number 2
p. 140

[begin excerpt]
Thinking is facing the new world in a new temper. At a reception a
gentleman remarked, as he looked over toward a Doctor of Divinity who
seemed deep in solitary meditation apart from the crowd, "Dr. X seems to be
thinking deeply!" "No, indeed," replied the friend, "Dr. X is not thinking;
he is just rearranging his prejudices."
[end excerpt]

Read excerpts from the forthcoming *Dictionary of Christianese
<http://www.dictionaryofchristianese.com/>*