[Ads-l] Heard on The Steve Wilkos Show, tonight

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 22 07:25:11 UTC 2016

Spoken by a 25-ish, black male guest:

"You out your _rabbit-assed mind_!

Google: About 516 results; _rabbit-assed_ alone: About 937 results

I last - and first - heard this turn of phrase in 1957. It was used by only
a single person, an older ex-GI who was a frat-brother of mine. I assumed
that it was GI slang. However, until tonight, I'd never heard anyone else
use it, whether in the Army or anywhere else

GoogleB: 26 results; _rabbit-assed_ alone: 35 results

'Sippi - Page 175
https://books.google.com/books?id=HKxiAAAAMAAJ
John Oliver Killens - 1967 - ‎Snippet view
They liked him very much, even if the girls on the campus paid him no
_rabbit-assed mind_.

This is the oldest cite, but with a twist in the semantics.

By coincidence, Killens was also an (even older) ex-GI who was a
frat-brother of mine.

--
-Wilson
-----