[Ads-l] "theoretical computer scientist"

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 22 20:38:27 UTC 2016

Yes. The more something sounds like it means something other than what it
is, the more confusing it is.

"three-valued logician" means nothing to me, so I can accept it.

"historical linguist" could have the meaning of "a linguist historically",
but that would require a supporting context.

"theoretical computer scientist" at first glance means "a computer
scientist theoretically", which makes no sense, especially when you don't
know "theoretical computer science" is a thing.

DanG