[Ads-l] While reading recently an article on-line...

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 27 13:37:28 UTC 2016

"Jerry" refers/referred solely to Germans, almost always German military
personnel.

If it ever referred to goons and thugs, nobody has found a trace of it.

But here's a SWAG: in the classic movie _The Great Escape_ (as in real
life), the German guards are customarily and generically called "goons."  I
wonder if the writer has somehow associated "Jerry" with the thug sense of
"goon."

Probably not.

JL