[Ads-l] "to ping"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 5 15:46:23 UTC 2017

Thanks Mr. Brewer,

It's known that English spelling is worst problem for learners http://justpaste.it/spellingenglish .  Some improvement would be great, but truespel is focused on improved phonetic spelling, and to be  eventually developed by others to replace the IPA as a "practical science" (IPA description of phonetics) would demand.  see http://justpaste.it/truescience .

Meanwhile I've rewritten the US English language phonetically  (64k words) as I've heard it spoken from American "talking" dictionaries and spelled sounds across I've heard.  40 sounds spelled with 26 letters do the trick, even for showing the stressed syllable (and apostrophe for glottal stop).  This integrates phonics with phonetics and makes phonetics easy - practical.  Now teachers can write phonetically and children can too, achieving necessary phonemic awareness which is the key reading attribute.  And if kids can't read t by 3rd grade  70% drop out of high school.  So basically I feel that truespel is necessary and for ESL's as well.  It is now being used clinically for pronunciation remediation in California.

Tom Zurinskas,
Originally SWConn 20 yrs,  college Tenn 3,  work NJ  33,  now FL 14.
truespel phonetics free converter and  tutorials - http://truespel.com

________________________________
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of W Brewer <brewerwa at GMAIL.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 2:42 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: "to ping"

MM:  << And as we all know, "Truespel" Tom has The Whole and Exclusive
Truth about English *phonetiacs*, pronunciation and spelling. Oh, and
*syntax*, too. >>
WB:  Tom Zurinskas is a voice crying in the ADS wilderness, offering a
solution to the quasi-literacy of America. To ignore or disparage the issue
of spelling reform is classist discrimination.

American Dialect Society<http://www.americandialect.org/>
www.americandialect.org
The American Dialect Society, founded in 1889, is dedicated to the study of the English language in North America, and of other languages, or dialects of other ...