[Ads-l] affaired

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 9 19:16:58 UTC 2017

In the 11:00 am to noon hour Pacific Time, CBC had a program today discussing recovering from an affair. I can’t find the program; if it helps, it was preceded by a story on a music band formed by black women talking about black women’s issues followed. I suspect it was the “180.”

The interviewee talks about his wife having an affair with his brother, and at one point he says “the affaired partner.” I assume he means his wife, though it’s possible he meant or included his brother.

Neither Wiktionary nor the online Oxford Dictionaries have this term.

It is not common on Google:

—
http://www.infidelity-help.com/infidelitys-wrath-and-craziness-my-marriage-made-me-do-it/ <http://www.infidelity-help.com/infidelitys-wrath-and-craziness-my-marriage-made-me-do-it/>

was finally glad to read the statistics from (ahh, can’t remember the female docs name) regarding the 4,100 male executives and only 3% of them having affairs married their affaired partner / mistress (and the work / details of Dr. Pittman’s work revealing / detailing the 5 factors that caused those couples that marry, when it started in an affair – WHY their relationship ultimately ends) BUT your book seemed a bit ‘more promising for them’ ….. (meaning well more than a 3% chance that they will marry)
—

https://books.google.ca/books?id=2rWXNXyfOFoC&pg=PA81&lpg=PA81&dq=%22affaired+partner%22&source=bl&ots=cS199x4jw8&sig=fN_UXG3pPRphFJQy2yO7aApQD6M&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUk4r9iZjTAhVr2IMKHUVCDagQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=%22affaired%20partner%22&f=false <https://books.google.ca/books?id=2rWXNXyfOFoC&pg=PA81&lpg=PA81&dq=%22affaired+partner%22&source=bl&ots=cS199x4jw8&sig=fN_UXG3pPRphFJQy2yO7aApQD6M&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUk4r9iZjTAhVr2IMKHUVCDagQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q="affaired partner"&f=false>

Similarly, regardless of how unfulfilling the marital relationship, the affaires partner is responsible of being disloyal in the marriage.
—

http://www.relationshiptalk.net/25-years-married-now-divorced-8166233.html <http://www.relationshiptalk.net/25-years-married-now-divorced-8166233.html>
ive read that when two married spouces divorce to go with their affaired partner that it almost never works.
—

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA