[Ads-l] Wall Street Journal Review of Garson O'Toole Book

Baker, John JBAKER at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Apr 10 15:19:35 UTC 2017

Fred, do you have a target date for the second edition?

John Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Shapiro, Fred
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 10:46 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Wall Street Journal Review of Garson O'Toole Book

When I compiled the Yale Book of Quotations, I thought my work was so far ahead of anyone else's that no one would be able to improve upon it.  Boy was I wrong.  Thanks to Garson and other researchers such as Barry Popik (but especially Garson), I now realize that the Yale Book of Quotations has many imperfections.  Hopefully the second edition will have much fewer imperfections.

Fred Shapiro