[Ads-l] profiling

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 12 04:42:45 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Chris Waigl <chris at lascribe.net> wrote:

> "Profiled", to me, implies being targeted for being of Asian
> descent

Well, targeted for being non-white.

Unpleasantries happen to people all the time. But, if you’re not white,
there is always the paranoid question in your mind, "Would any random body
at all suffer this mistreatment? Or is it happening to me _specifically_
because I’m obviously not a native-born, white, Christian male?"

Youneverknow.

Would this man have been strong-armed out of his seat and off the plane, if
he’d been a white man?

Youneverknow.

Is your Asian-American, female friend in fact being targeted because she’s
non-white and non-male, besides, or is it just coincidence?

Youneverknow.

But, you wonder.
--
-Wilson