[Ads-l] Hegel Passage

Wed Apr 19 20:38:36 UTC 2017

Laurence Horn wrote:
> Thanks, Garson—perfect for my purposes, and reassuring to know the
> internet gremlins didn’t make it up (even though maybe Heine did…)
>
> Appalling implications, hunh?  If der König Nichtverstandenwerden had
> wanted to be understood, he would have tried a bit harder to be.

Glad to help. It looks like HathiTrust has the 1834 work by Heinrich
Heine that contains the relevant passage:

Year: 1834
Title: Der Salon von H. Heine.
Main Author: Heine, Heinrich, 1797-1856.
Publisher: Hamburg : Hoffmann und Campe
Quote Page 221
Database: HathiTrust

https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89056744147