[Ads-l] Boo?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 14 01:31:10 UTC 2017

"it's a term of endearment"

And a term of address. Almost anything at all can be a term of address, as
according to the relationship between addressor and addressee. Back in the
'50's, when "black" was still the grossest of insults, a friend used to
address us other guys with "What's happening, blacker-than-me?"  A girl
used to address any random person as "honey-baby." Girls in general could
address a guy as "nigger-boy" - a term non-existent in any other
circumstance - if he was flirting with them.

--
-Wilson
-----