[Ads-l] Reminder: American Dialect Society 2018 proposal deadline is August 14.

Grant Barrett grantbarrett at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 14 02:54:48 UTC 2017

The deadline for papers and poster proposals for the 2o18 American Dialect
Society conference is *tomorrow,* August 14.

IMPORTANT: If you submitted your proposal before July 10, or you submitted
your proposal and did not receive a confirmation, you need to *resubmit
your proposal.* Details below.

Grant Barrett
American Dialect Society
Vice President of Communications and Technology
http://www.americandialect.org
grantbarrett at gmail.com​

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Grant Barrett <grantbarrett at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 9:15 AM
Subject: Please *resubmit* proposals for 2018 American Dialect Society
conference
To: ADS-L ADS-L <ADS-L at listserv.uga.edu>

Here's a note from Michael Adams, the 2018 program chair and ADS vice
president:

*If you already submitted your proposal for the 2018 American Dialect
Society conference, you will need to resubmit it*. Please also inform your
students and colleagues.

There was an unavoidable technical issue with the conference software, so
if you submitted an abstract earlier, you did your part, for which we thank
you, but the abstract did not make it to us.

This is a terrific inconvenience, I suspect, and even if it isn't terrific,
it's annoying. We apologize for the inconvenience and annoyance!

The call for papers and posters:

http://www.americandialect.org/call-for-papers-2018-annual-m
eeting-jan-5-8-salt-lake-city

The proposal submission and resubmission link:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ads2018

The deadline for all proposals, including resubmissions, is August 14, 2017.

It's going to be a great conference and we're glad to have you be a part of
it.

If you have any questions, please email me at adamsmp at indiana.edu.

Best wishes,

Michael Adams
Vice President of the American Dialect Society
2018 Conference Chair