[Ads-l] Quote: Attlee is a modest man who has a great deal to be modest about

Thu Aug 24 14:23:06 UTC 2017

Thanks for your valuable response, Stephen. The QI article does
include two precursors in 1920 and 1927 with "good deal to be modest
about" and "plenty to be modest about". Yet, the 1940 citation is
arguably a closer match.

Garson